Top 13 Places To Visit In Arizona
Day Trips Are A Great Way To See The Many Places To See In Arizona
There Are Lots Of Places To Visit In Arizona
When most people think of places to visit in Arizona, the Grand Canyon is usually at the top of the list. And for good reason. The Grand Canyon is truly one of the 7 natural wonders of the world. It also used to identify Arizona. For the uninitiated, Arizona is labeled the “Grand Canyon State”.
Now the surprise. There are dozens of other great places to visit in Arizona. Arizona was the western frontier of the United States from the mid 1800’s to the early 1900’s. The towns and landscape of Arizona were the back drop for numerous western movies and TV shows. From the early 1800’s to 1920’s Arizona was the wild west. Miners, gamblers, Indians and legends were found in Arizona. Arizona was the last to join the contiguous United States. It did so in 1912.
Arizona Fun Facts
It’s hard to even know where to begin to describe the many unique things about Arizona. Here are a few “fun facts” about the Grand Canyon State:
- It would take over 4.8 million pennies to equal the amount of copper used on the roof of the Arizona Capitol building.
- Arizona has the largest percentage of land designated as Native American Tribal land in the United States.
- The Hopi village of Oraibi is the oldest Native American settlement in the United States. The village was built 1100 and was discovered in 1540.
- The largest observatory in the world is located at Kitt Peak, just south of Tucson AZ.
- More hummingbird species can be found in Sierra Vista, near Tucson, than in any other state. Arizona has been titled “the Hummingbird Capital of the United States.”
- South Mountain Preserve near Phoenix is the largest municipal park in the country.
- The Oldest Rodeo in the World is in Prescott, Arizona dating back to 1888.
- Habasupak Arizona is the only place in the U.S. Where mail is still delivered by mule. Havasupai happens to be located at the bottom of the Grand Canyon.
- The famous London Bridge is located in Lake Havasu City, Arizona.
Places To Visit In Arizona – Northern
If you are visiting the Grand Canyon, then you should consider adding these top spots to your list of places to visit in Arizona. Just pick a spot to stay and start your Northern Arizona day trips to;
- Lake Havasu And The London Bridge
- Lake Mead
- Monument Valley
- Hover Dam
- Painted Desert
- Petrified Forest National Park
Places To Visit In Arizona – Southern
In Southern Arizona, Tucson provides a great “home base” for places to visit in Arizona. Tucson has a vast array of affordable hotels, motels and resorts and hotels. The City of Tucson is steeped in western history and makes an ideal location for day trips to even more interesting places.
From Tucson, some of the top day trips to interesting places to visit in Arizona include;
There are also a host of great things to do in Tucson Arizona every day depending on the season.
Questions about the Tucson Real Estate Market or Tucson Homes for Sale?
Call Us – 520 940 4541 OR complete the – CONTACT FORM – and we will get right back to you!