What Is The Largest City In The 520 Area Code?
Tucson, Marana, Oro Valley, Catalina Foothills, Green Valley And SaddleBrooke Are In The 520 Area Code
The 520 Area Code Is Southern Arizona
Notable cities in the 520 area code include Tombstone and Bisbee, Arizona. Tombstone was a backdrop for western TV shows in the 1050’s. These western TV shows started the careers of many famous actors and actresses.
Bisbee was once the largest city between St. Louis and San Francisco. Copper and silver mining also made it the first capital of Arizona. In the early 1900’s it had a population of over 20,000 residents. Bisbee was a cultural center in the great Southwest.
Southern Arizona and cities covered by the 520 area code are in the Mountain Standard Time zone. But keep in mind, Arizona does not follow day light savings time.
Tucson is the second largest city in Arizona. To no ones surprise, Phoenix about 90 miles to the north of Tucson is the largest. Tucson existed long before telephones let alone the 520 area code. Tucson is the oldest city in Arizona.
In fact, the city’s history began as long as 4,000 years before its incorporation in 1877. Native Americans farmed an area at the base of Sentinel Peak. The Peak, at over 2,900 feet, provided the Spanish a lookout point over the entire city when it was a part of New Spain.
Since 19Zz, Sentinel Peak is also know as “A” mountain. “A” mountain is an integral part of the history of the University of Arizona.
Facts about Tucson the largest city in the 520 area code
- Tucson gets 350 days of sunshine each year – more than any other US city.
- Tucson is in the center of the world’s largest concentration of Saguaro cactus.
- The Wall Street Journal dubbed Tucson “a mini mecca for the arts”.
- The Arizona Sonora Desert Museum is one of the top places to see the wildlife of the Sonora Desert.
- Pima Air & Space Museum is the largest non public funded air museum in the world.
- Original prints by Ansel Adams are on display at the U of A’s Center for Creative Photography.
- Quarter horse racing began at Tucson’s historic Rillito Park.
- Tucson is one of the best golfing destinations in the west.
- Colossal Cave is one of the largest dry caverns in the world. Explorers have yet to find its end.
- In 2008 El Charro Café made the list of America’s 21 Most Legendary Restaurants. The title came from Gourmet Magazine. Owner Tia Monica Flin invented the chimichanga. The “chimichanga” is now a staple on most Mexican menus. Oh, by the way, it came about by accident.
- The Worlds Largest Gem And Mineral Show is an annual event in Tucson, AZ. People come from all over the world to attend this event in February.
- Saguaro National Park is one of the Unites States’ newest national parks. It is second only to the Grand Canyon in the number of annual visitors. PS – It is actually two parks. East and West.
- Bicycle friendly: 630 miles of striped bike paths and residential bike routes. And over 300 miles of mountain biking trails.
- Aside from the Amazon Rainforest, Tucson is home to more bird species than any other region on earth.
The 520 area code includes a large area and a lot of U.S. History. Should someone ever ask, where is area 520 located, you can tell them. Along with some interesting facts and history.
If you are considering a move to area code 520 for a job, winter retreat or future place to call home, we can help. We are a top Realtor team in Tucson.
Our unmatched experience in business complements our expertise in the Tucson Real Estate market.
To know more about Tucson, AZ and its surrounding communities give us a call. 866-316-5575 OR submit our easy CONTACT FORM and we will get back to you.
Questions about the Tucson Real Estate Market or Tucson Homes for Sale?
Call Us – 520 940 4541 OR complete the – CONTACT FORM – and we will get right back to you!