Amphitheater High School In Tucson AZ
Amphitheater High School Was The First High School In the Amphitheater School District
Tucson’s 2nd High School
Amphitheater High School carries the name of the school district that created it – Amphitheater School District. Amphitheater High School is in the central area of Tucson just south of East Prince Rd.
How Amphitheater High School Got Its Name
The name “Amphitheater” was influenced by the 5 mountain ranges surrounding the Tucson area. The mountain ranges were envisioned as producing a “natural amphitheater” for the desert valley floor where Tucson sits.
Prior to the 1930s, Amphitheater district students attended Tucson High School in the Tucson Unified School District. In the early 1930’s residents moved to establish high school in the Amphitheater District rather than sending students to Tucson High.
Using federal funding, Amphitheater High School was completed in 1939 on East Prince Road. Amphitheater High School, simply Amphi to many, has a current enrollment of over 1400 students.
Amphitheater School District has a long history dating back to 1893 when its first school opened with eleven students. From those meager beginnings, Amphitheater School District #10 has grown to include 21 campuses and more than 16.000 students. The Amphi District covers over 109 Square miles. It stretches from Grant Road in Tucson to just north of the Catalina State park in Oro Valley Az.
Teachers, in the district and Amphitheater High, focus on delivering skills students will need in today’s workplaces. Skills and experiences that include creativity and innovation, critical thinking, communication, and collaboration. Amphitheater HS teachers strive to prepare students to meet the challenges of a changing world
Map to Amphitheater High School
125 West Yavapai Road
Questions about the Tucson Real Estate Market or Tucson Homes for Sale?
Call Us – 520 940 4541 OR complete the – CONTACT FORM – and we will get right back to you!