Town Of Oro Valley Arizona In Northwest Tucson
A Community With An Active Lifestyle And A Great Setting
Town Of Oro Valley Is North Of Tucson AZ
The Town of Oro Valley is located in Northwest Tucson just 5 miles north of the Tucson city limits. It is about 10 miles from downtown Tucson.
Incorporated in April 1974, the Town of Oro Valley is home to over 45,000 residents. The Town of Oro Valley is governed by a council-manager structure and has 7 members.
Recognized As A Great Place To Live
The Town of Oro Valley has received recognition as one of the top communities to live in the United States.
Notable publications and the related accolade include:
- One of America’s 10 Safest Suburbs – Movoto Real Estate, 2014
- Best Place in Arizona to Raise Kids – Bloomberg Business Week, 2013
- Playful City Community USA, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014
- 10 Best Towns for Families – Family Circle Magazine, August 2008
- 100 Best Places in America to Live and Launch a Small Business – Fortune Small Business Magazine, April 2008
Take A Quick Tour Of The Town Of Oro Valley, AZ
Oro Valley’s Climate
The Town of Oro Valley is located between the Catalina and Tortolita mountain ranges. With an elevation of 2,620 feet, the temperatures are cooler.
Oro Valley is one of the sunniest and more comfortable places to live in the USA. The annual average high temperatures is around 83 degrees. Annual average lows are close to 54 degrees. Yes, summer day highs will be in the 100’s. Bear in mind, low humidity and the elevation make these temperatures very tolerable.
Tucson and the Town of Oro Valley are in southern Arizona. For some that may be perceived to be in the middle of nowhere. To the enlightened, it is close to many notable U. S. destinations. Locations that are an easy drive from the Town of Oro Valley include:
- Tucson is roughly 6 hours from San Diego and the Pacific Ocean about 6 to 7 hours away.
- The beaches of the Sea of Cortez, also known as the Gulf of California, are just 4 hours away in Puerto Peñasco, Mexico. Also know as Rocky Point, Mexico.
- Las Vegas is a 6.5 hour drive. For professional sports, Phoenix is only 1 ½ hours to the north.
- The Tucson area offers things to do. If you want to go skiing, Mt Lemmon is only 45 minutes away. At 9,200 feet, this peak of the Santa Catalina Mountains has skiing from mid November thru March. They make snow to add to the natural winter snows they receive.
- To the north, the White Mountains are about 3-4 hours away. The White Mountain have cooler summer temperatures and skiing during the winter. This is a popular summer getaway spot is Mt. Lemmon.
- Flagstaff is in northern Arizona about 5 hours away. Flagstaff has outstanding skiing and is just a few miles from the south rim of the Grand Canyon. The Petrified Forest National Park is also close by.
And There’s More
The Town of Oro Valley and its communities and subdivision provide a great place to call home. Schools are well ranked and recreational areas are “right next door”. Golf, Tennis, hiking, biking and parks abound. The Vistoso Trails Nature Preserve opened in July 2022 provides an easy walk or bike ride through 202 acres of Sonoran Desert.
Considering A Home In Tucson, AZ?
Are you thinking of buying a home in The Town of Oro Valley or the greater Tucson area? Finding the right home can be a challenging process. But we can make the process much less stressful for you.
We have been Tucson Realtors since 2002. We know Tucson and the Tucson Real Estate market. As a top Realtor duo, we invest the time to understand your home buying interests and desires.
At our first meeting, we will review the current real estate market with you. Show you the market data and then walk you through the Arizona home buying process.
Why? We want you to know what to expect. And what to plan for.
Interested in new construction? We’ll brief you on buying a new construction home. And what’s unique about the process.
For us, you are not another real estate transaction. You are a client and, future friend. We strive to create a relationship that continues long after you move into your home.
Our goal is to provide insight, advice and the highest level of professional services to you. We want you to be proud to recommend us to your family, friends and acquaintances.
Review our profiles. Check out our backgrounds, education, and certifications.
We are here to help you “know what you need to know” to buy a home in Tucson, AZ. We provide you information on Tucson events, places to shop and restaurants. Our resources include contractors, electricians, and home services.
Best of all, our professional service backgrounds mean we put you first!
Thank you for visiting www.premiertucsonhomes.com! It’s one of the top real estate websites in Tucson. Our clients tell us that.
Our website provides information on communities and neighborhoods in the greater Tucson area. Want more? Give us a call – 520-940-4541.
We are ready to answer your questions and help you get the information you are looking for.
Are we the Tucson Realtors you have been looking for?
Questions about the Tucson Real Estate Market or Tucson Homes for Sale? Call Us - 520 940 4541 OR complete the - CONTACT FORM - and we will get right back to you!
BACK to the LIVING IN TUCSON page.
BACK to MOVING TO ARIZONA Page